Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Energy Group. His practice area is focused on energy regulatory matters and various types of energy projects, including contracts for electricity, liquid fuels, natural gas, NCRE accreditations, electric transmission, gas transportation, engineering and construction of infrastructure projects, property and land use permits, environmental matters and litigation related to regulatory matters of the energy industry, and civil law.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Advisory Council, Chilean Arab Chamber of Commerce and Investments.
- Member of the Council, Asociación Chilena de Energías Renovables (ACERA) (2017-2018).
- Member of the Council, World Energy Council (WEC):Founder and former vice-chairman, Small and Mid-sized Hydro Projects Association (APEMEC).
- Member of the Energy Technical Commission, Confederación de la Producción y el Comercio (CPC).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.Vice Chairman, Fundación Mi Parque.
- Past President of the Chilean-Australian Chamber of Commerce (2010-2016).
- Invited Scholar the Master of Energy Law, School of Law, Universidad Externado de Colombia (2012-2014).
- Member of the Board of Instituto Libertad, El Líbero and Fundación Independízate.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the Council of the IBA SEERIL Section of the Environment Energy Resources & Infrastructure Law.
- Co-author of the SIC-SING interconnection bill, which was signed into law in 2013 (Law N° 20,726).
- Member of the drafting committee of the Public Electric Highway, presented before Congress by President Sebastián Piñera in 2012.
- Member of the Chilean Energy Ministry’s drafting committee for the NCRE bill, which was signed into law in 2010 (Law N° 20,698).
- Past President of the Power Law Committee, International Bar Association (2011 and 2012).
- Assistant Professor of Mining Law, Universidad de Chile (2001-2008).
- Foreign Associate, Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, New York (2000-2001).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Diego Portales (1998).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Construction and Projects Q&As Global Guide, Thomson Reuters (2018/2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of "Foreign Investment in South America: A Comprehensive Guide to Infrastructure and the Legal Environment", American Bar Association (2018).
- Co-author of Electricity Projects & Regulations, Latin Lawyer (2015-2017).
- Author of the Annual Report: Energy and Utilities, Financier Worldwide (2013).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter on Energy, First Edition, Global Legal Insights, Global Legal Group (2012).
- Author of the Chilean chapter of Electricity Regulation, Getting the Deal Through (2007-2009).
- Frequent lecturer in local and international seminars and conferences, such as the International Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Enagás and Green World Conferences, etc.