Josh is an experienced trial lawyer and advocate who is frequently called on to deliver critical arguments, examine key witnesses, and guide strategy in and out of the courtroom. He has championed clients’ rights in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and mediations across the country. Much of his time is devoted to helping clients avoid litigation and find creative, cost-efficient ways to maximize leverage, minimize risks, and resolve disputes.
Josh has an established record of success for numerous sophisticated and high-profile clients. In the last few years alone, he has played key roles in:
- Defeating contract-related claims for hundreds of millions of dollars in an international arbitration with a week-long evidentiary hearing;
- Defeating injunctive claims in courts across the country against a distributor and seller of high-tech machines in “bet-the-company” litigation;
- Arguing before the Firth Circuit Court of Appeals in defense of a complete victory he secured over multi-million-dollar claims in the trial court;
- Securing a favorable settlement to resolve multi-million-dollar claims of a former C-suite executive after a week-long evidentiary hearing;
- Disposing of multiple consumer class actions brought or threatened against various retail and luxury-goods clients;
- Defeating or successfully settling various trademark, copyright, and other IP claims;
- Counseling numerous clients on litigation-related issues in luxury-retail leases and high-end construction contracts; and
- Counseling clients on numerous non-compete and fiduciary-duty matters.
Josh has also devoted hundreds of hours to those in need and the greater legal community. His pro bono clients have included mentally ill patients in a large class action suit, a wrongfully convicted inmate seeking post-trial DNA testing, and a DREAMer seeking to stay in the US. In addition, he recently served as the Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Federal Civil Practice Committee.
He happily devotes his free time to his wife and daughters and their growing menagerie of pets.