Recognized since 2015
Charlotte, North Carolina
Employment Law - Individuals
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Joshua R. Van Kampen is the founder and leader of Van Kampen Law, PC in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, SuperLawyers rated Josh in its Top 100 attorney list for all of North Carolina and in its Top 25 list for Charlotte. This follows Josh being named in the Top 100 List in 2017 as well. These are not lists ranking the top employment lawyers. Out of the 20,000 some lawyers in North Carolina, Josh is ranked among the top attorneys in any practice area. At 50, Josh is among the youngest attorneys in North Carolina to ascend into these elite rankings.
The road to SuperLawyers' top lists for North Carolina started in Chicago, Illinois where Josh worked as an associate at two nationally recognized employment law defense firms in Chicago, Seyfarth Shaw and Franczek Sullivan, from 1998-2004. During his six years as a defense attorney, Josh defended Fortune 500 companies as well as smaller businesses in age, race, sex, disability, sexual harassment, traditional labor, and wage and hour litigation. Josh’s defense experience also included counseling employers on litigation avoidance and sexual harassment training.
In 2004, Josh left a safe and lucrative career as a management-side attorney, to open a practice in Charlotte devoted exclusively to representing victims of discrimination, sexual harassment, unequal pay, wrongful discharge, retaliation, and wage and hour violations. It was the best decision he ever made.
Prior to forming Van Kampen Law, PC in July 2011, Josh was a partner at two of the premier, plaintiff-side employment law firms in North Carolina: Fosbinder & Van Kampen, PLLC and Patterson Harkavy, LLP.
Contact & Links
- 315 East Worthington Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28203
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign , JD, graduated 1998
- Purdue University, BA, graduated 1993
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association (Inactive)
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section - Member
- Law 360's Employment Law Editorial Advisory Board - Former Member
- Lunch with A Lawyer Program for High School Students through North Carolina Business - Court Mentor
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Employment Law Section - Past Chairman, Executive Committee Member and Ethics Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association Employment Law Council - Executive Committee Member
- North Carolina Prima Facie Tort Manual - Contributing Author
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009-2011
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Charlotte 2018-2020
- Super Lawyers Top 100 in NC 2017-20
- US News & World Report "Best Law Firm" 2016-2018, "Tier 1" 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers in America 2015-2020
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite 2011-2012 & 2014-2020
- Super Lawyers 2012-2020
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.