Recognized since 2019
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Land Use and Zoning Law
Real Estate Law
Josh has extensive experience in servicing businesses and individuals in the areas of real estate law, land use planning, and real estate taxation. He represents businesses and individuals in real estate, title insurance, and mortgage financing issues involving the purchase, sale, development, and leasing of commercial, industrial, and residential real estate. Josh has appeared before county boards of zoning appeals and plan commissions in connection with land use and development matters, including rezoning requests, development plans, and variances. He also counsels businesses on formation, corporate governance, and commercial transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of developers of multi-family apartment complex in site acquisition, zoning, tax incentives, and financing matters;
- Representation of developers of single family residential housing development in connection with site acquisition, zoning, and development matters;
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation and drafting of commercial real estate leases for space in shopping centers, multi-tenant office buildings, and industrial properties;
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of commercial and industrial real estate, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey review, and related due diligence matters;
- Representation of clients in tax-free exchanges of real estate, including reverse like kind exchanges;
- Representation of taxpayers in connection with appeals of assessed value of real estate and personal property, including proceedings before local property tax assessment boards of appeal, the Indiana Board of Tax Review, and the Indiana Tax Court.
Josh has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® publication since 2019 in the areas of real estate law and land use and zoning law. In the community, he serves on the board of directors for the Fort Wayne Civic Theatre, Brightpoint and Community Transportation Network. Josh previously served on the board of directors for the Allen County Bar Association, the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir, the Fort Wayne Golf Association, and the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne. Josh was also a member of the inaugural class of the Indiana State Bar Association’s Leadership Development Academy and is a graduate of Greater Fort Wayne’s Leadership Fort Wayne program.
Josh earned his B.S., Political Science, cum laude, in 1999 from the University of Indianapolis, and his J.D., magna cum laude, in 2002 from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. He is admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Josh has presented on a number of real estate topics for various organizations, including the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum’s 38th Annual Judge Robert H. Staton Indiana Law Update.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 260-423-8935
- Phone Number: 260-423-9551
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/joshua-c-neal
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapoli, J.D., graduated 2002
- University of Indianapolis, B.S., graduated 1999
- Indiana, 2002
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Fort Wayne (2020)
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.