Recognized since 2008
Litigation - Construction
Joseph Getz leads the Construction and Surety Law Practice Group and has focused his practice exclusively on construction and surety bond contract claims for more than 25 years. He has worked extensively in a variety of areas including contract negotiations, insurance requirements, surety bonding issues, LEED certification, CPM scheduling and delay analysis claims, change orders, defective and nonconforming work, differing site conditions, warranty issues, mechanics and materialmen's lien claims and project close-out issues. Mr. Getz has represented a wide range of clients in the construction industry and representation experience has ranged across a variety of projects including multipurpose sports arenas, public university facilities, residential and commercial developments, government facilities, hotels, industrial and process manufacturing, design build industrial contracting and development, and distribution.
Mr. Getz has handled construction disputes at all levels of trial and appellate litigation as well as in mediation, arbitration and other ADR procedures. Mr. Getz holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been a Super Lawyer in the field of construction law for thirteen consecutive years. Mr. Getz is a member of the National Bond Claims Association.
Mr. Getz was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2019 in the fields of Construction Law and Construction Litigation for the twelfth year. He was also named the Best Lawyers 2018 Construction Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Memphis. Mr. Getz serves as Chairman of the Board of Evans Petree PC.
- Direct Phone Number: 901-525-6781
- Phone Number: 901-525-6781
- Lawyer Page: https://evanspetree.com/professionals/joseph-t-getz/
- 1715 Aaron Brenner Drive, Suite 800
Memphis, TN 38120
- The University of Memphis, J.D. , graduated 1984
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. , graduated 1981
- Construction Law, Memphis (2024)
- Litigation - Construction, Memphis (2024)
- Construction Law, Memphis (2021)
- Construction Law, Memphis (2018)
- Litigation - Construction, Memphis (2014)
- Construction Law, Memphis (2013)
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.