Recognized since 2005
"As a mediator or arbitrator my goal is to have the perspective, persistence, and patience to resolve business disputes and settle cases effectively."
With more than 40 years of experience as a litigator representing both plaintiffs and defendants, I know business issues. This wealth of experience and knowledge now serves as the foundation for successfully resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
I am a leading provider of commercial litigation ADR services and have an impressive track record as a mediator, arbitrator, and special master in state and federal courts. I have developed a niche mediating practice in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), but the bulk of my practice is commercial and business litigation disputes. In addition, I am called upon as an expert witness in cases regarding attorney’s fees and professional responsibility.
As a mediator or arbitrator, it’s my job to be neutral and strive for fair results. With a focus on understanding the facts and the reasons for the dispute, I am able to discern the key underlying issues as I guide parties to:
- realistically identify their best interests;
- objectively examine their differences to create a better understanding;
- adjust their thinking as needed; and
- move the process forward to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution.
Human nature is to take the facts and circumstances of our own world—whether we are lawyers or clients—and put them together in a way that suits our own interests. Both sides in litigation assume everything will be decided in their favor, and that is rarely the case. Typically, people have invested time, money, risk, and emotion, so achieving resolution is extremely rewarding.
See my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/joseph-t-dixon-jr/
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- University of Minnesota, J.D., graduated 1969
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, B.A., graduated 1966
- Minnesota, Minnesota, United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Central Minnesota Legal Services - Member
- University of Minnesota - Writing Instructor
- William Mitchell School of Law - Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice
- Minnesota Advocacy Institute - Instructor
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mediation, Minneapolis (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 2021 Minnesota Icon Award recipient sponsored by Finance & Commerce and Minnesota Lawyer
- Recipient of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Professionalism Award for 2012
- Recipient of the John D. Levine Pro Bono Distinguished Service Award for 2017
- Named one of Minnesota’s Top 25 ADR Super Lawyers®
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers since 1998
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers® in 2001, 2008, and 2014
- Selected as one of Minnesota’s Top 40 Business Litigation Super Lawyers® numerous times
- Awarded Pro Bono Public Attorney Award by the Minnesota Legal Services Coalition
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review
- AV® Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.