Recognized since 2022
Real Estate Law
Trusts and Estates
Joe Gibbons joined the firm in May 2005 and became a Partner in January 2006. Prior to joining the firm, Joe spent the majority of his career with McGinty, Gibbons, Hilow & Spellacy Co., LPA and Carney & Broadbent, both located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Over the years, Joe represented a variety of individuals, businesses, institutions, and governmental entities. Joe’s primary practice areas include counseling closely-held businesses, real estate, estate and business succession planning, estate planning, estate and trust administration, and related litigation.
Joe is active in community and civic affairs where he currently serves as Secretary of the Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland. He served as the Former Law Director for the City of Fairview Park in 2019. Joe was appointed to the Board of Trustees of Cuyahoga Arts & Culture by the Cuyahoga County Executive in April 2014 and he served as Board Chair from April 2015 through June 2018. He served as a Member of City Council for the City of Lakewood (1992 - 1995), Former Member and Past President of the Lakewood Civil Service Commission (1996 - 2017) and on many boards and commissions in the City of Lakewood. He also served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Lakewood Catholic Academy, as a Member and Officer of the Board of Trustees of Lakewood Hospital Foundation and as a Member of the Lakewood Hospital Board.
Joe remains an avid ice hockey player and runner. Joe and his wife, Peggy, have two adult children and reside in Lakewood.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sssb-law.com/attorneys/joseph-p-gibbons/
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., graduated 1979
- John Carroll University, BA – Communications , graduated 1976
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®
- Lakewood Catholic Academy's "Insignis Award"
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.