Recognized since 2005
Land Use and Zoning Law
Real Estate Law
Joseph Goldstein is a Land Use and Environmental lawyer with significant experience in representing developers and private property owners in their efforts to protect their property rights or entitlements and in seeking complex development or other governmental approvals and permits. Mr. Goldstein has particular and extensive experience in obtaining approvals of Developments of Regional Impact (DRI), zoning and comprehensive plan amendments. He is privileged to represent clients who comprise a Who's Who of Fortune 500 companies and are among Florida's most responsible corporate leaders in healthcare, government, education, land and economic development, sports, retail, industrial, office, residential and community redevelopment.
Mr. Goldstein has experience in representing dozens of the most significant and recognizable development projects in the South Florida region from conception to completion during his approximately 18 years of practicing land use and environmental law at private law firms.
During his nearly two decades of practicing land use planning and law, and prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Goldstein was a shareholder at two major national law firms. Prior to attending law school at the University of Miami (where he spent time as a law clerk for the City of Miami Attorney's office), Mr. Goldstein was a planner at the South Florida Regional Planning Council, the agency charged with oversight of the DRI and comprehensive planning processes for the three-county South Florida region.
Mr. Goldstein has served on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Florida for many years and remains active in that organization.
- 701 Brickell Avenue, Suite 3300
Miami, FL 33131
- Colgate University, BA
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Builders Association of South Florida - Member
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Miami (2019)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Miami (2017)
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Land Use and Zoning
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2009
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2013
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2008-2013
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate & Construction: Land Use/Zoning, 2011, 2012
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.