Recognized since 2011
West Palm Beach, Florida
Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Litigation - Securities
Joseph C. Coates III focuses his practice on securities litigation, regulatory and class actions and serves as the head of the West Palm Beach Securities Litigation Group. Joe has represented most of the major broker/dealers in all aspects of their business, including federal and state courts, regulatory matters, and arbitrations. His representation of clients include appearances as appellate counsel in securities litigation cases in federal and state courts. Joe also focuses on shareholder derivative, corporate governance and merger and acquisition litigation.
Contact & Links
- 777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 300 East
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Florida Office of Financial Regulation, Commissioner’s Advisory Council - Appointed
- Palm Beach County Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2022)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Commercial Litigation
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2012
- Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Corporate Finance Category," 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.