Recognized since 2006
Providence, Rhode Island
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Joseph has achieved notable success for his commercial litigation, bankruptcy/creditors’ rights, health care and technology clients—and recognition by his peers and legal organizations for top performance—by working to understand clients’ underlying business issues and goals, and then tailoring innovative solutions to their complex problems. His client-focused approach also extends to numerous Asian clients, helping guide them through the American legal system. Having worked in Japan and other Asian countries for four years, Joseph is attuned to cross-cultural issues and conversant in Japanese.
The veteran trial and appellate litigator has successfully handled multimillion dollar cases for varied businesses in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and federal courts. He has also represented clients in major bankruptcy and receivership cases in Rhode Island.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.apslaw.com/attorney/joseph-avanzato/
- One Citizens Plaza, Eighth Floor
Providence, RI 02903-1345
- American University, J.D., graduated 1988
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island, U.S. District Court
- Massachusetts, U.S. District Court
- Connecticut, U.S. District Court
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Fifth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- United States District Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Providence (2022)
- Appellate Practice, Providence (2019)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Providence (2018)
- Appellate Practice, Providence (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Appellate Practice
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2007 - 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights.
- Selected as Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2007 - 2015, an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community.
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, highest rating given to attorneys.
- Best Lawyers' 2017 Lawyer of the Year, Appellate Practice, Providence.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.