JOSÉ PAULO BUENO
Office: São Paulo
Dir. phone: (55) (11) 3049-5707
Areas of Practice
Corporate, Banking and Capital Markets, Infrastructure, Regulatory and Administrative Law, Tax, Sport and Entertainment, Competition and Consumer Relations.
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Universidade de São Paulo Law School – USP (1964);
• Specialization in Civil and Commercial Laws from the Universidade de São Paulo Law School – USP (1967).
Portuguese, English and French.
• Recognized for his outstanding work in Corporate/M&A practice area by The Legal 500 Latin America and The Best Lawyers in Brazil (both since 2012);
• Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250 in Corporate/M&A since 2007. He is described as a "noted corporate lawyer".
• Recognized for his professional achievements in Corporate/M&A by Chambers Latin America (2009);
• Recommended by The Leaders League for his work in the Corporate/M&A area (2016).
• Founding member of Institute for the Studies of Energy Law - IBDE.
• The Acts of Economic Concentration and the Legal Protection to Free Competition;
• The Previous Control System; Relevant Market, in IOB - Repertório de Jurisprudência no. 11/92;
• An Overview on Brazilian Antitrust Law, in World Antitrust Law and Practice, James T. Garrett, General Editor, ed. Little, Brown and Company, 1995, §§ 34.4 to 34.9;
• Relevant Aspects on the Indebtedness by Brazilian Companies of the Public Sector, in Mondaq.com in an association with Martindale-Hubbell, distributed to the world's premier sources like Reuters.com, DowJones.com and LexisNexis.com.