Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Energy Group. His practice focuses on energy regulatory matters and various types of energy projects, including contracts for electricity, liquid fuels, natural gas, NCRE accreditations, use of transmission systems, gas transportation, engineering and construction of infrastructure projects, property and land use permits, environmental matters and litigation related to regulatory matters of the energy industry, and civil law.
Activities and Memberships
- Co-writer of the SIC-SING interconnection bill, approved as the Law N° 20,726 (2013).
- Member of the writing committee of the Public Electric Highway, presented to the Congress by President Sebastián Piñera (2012).Member of the Energy Ministry’s writing committee for the NCRE bill (Law N° 20,698) (2010).
- Lawyer, GasAtacama, in the development and implementation of the legal strategies for several electricity and gas projects; in the negotiation and extension of electric supply and gas supply contracts, in its transportation, in industrial construction contracts; in the proceeding and obtention of electric, mining and gas transportation concessions, and in litigation for easement of access, and in project finance (1999-2007).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of Electricity Projects & Regulations, Latin Lawyer (2016-2017).