José María García Guirao is the managing partner of the Fiscal Area at Devesa & Calvo Abogados in the Province of Alicante. García Guirao has amassed significant experience in providing tax advice to national and international companies. Having joined from Garrigues, where he was manager of the Tax Litigation Area in the Alicante office, and from PricewaterhouseCoopers, he has helped companies in different industries to optimise their taxation and he is a consummate specialist in tax litigation and tax inspections. Passionate about tax matters, José María García Guirao complements his professional activity in our firm with teaching. In this regard, he teaches classes on tax procedure as a professor on two of the most renowned postgraduate programmes in the Valencian Community: the Master’s degree in Fiscal Advice at FUNDESEM Business School and the Master’s degree in Taxation at the University of Alicante.
- Devesa & Calvo Abogados. Managing partner of the Fiscal Area for the Province of Alicante (January 2019-present).
- Garrigues. Senior partner and manager of the Tax Litigation Area in the Alicante office (2006-January 2019).
- Professor on the Master’s in Corporate Fiscal Advice at FUNDESEM Business School (April 2012-present).
- PricewaterhouseCoopers. Fiscal Area associate (2002-2006).
- Practising lawyer of the Alicante Bar Association.
- Master’s degree in Taxation – Instituto de Estudios Fiscales (Institute of Fiscal Studies).
- Bachelor’s degree in Law – University of Alicante.
- Award “Best Lawyer of Spain 2020” Area Tax for Murcia and the Valencian Community.