Recognized since 2005
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Entertainment Law - Music
International Mergers and Acquisitions
Jorge L. Hernandez-Toraño is a transactional attorney who has practiced in the areas of domestic and international corporate and mergers and acquisitions for more than 25 years. Mr. Hernandez-Toraño is also recognized for providing his transactional proficiency and business acumen to clients in the entertainment industry. His representative clients include private and public companies, high net worth individuals, foreign individuals and entities and governmental authorities in numerous industries and areas, including general business, corporate, resort and leisure, entertainment, network television and radio, print and music publishing and distribution, municipal finance, banking, real estate and franchise.
Mr. Hernandez-Toraño's experience in corporate and mergers and acquisitions matters includes the general representation of start-up and existing private and public companies, private placements, securities registrations, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, public finances, assistance in corporate and securities litigation, franchising, exploitation of intellectual property rights, executive compensation agreements and trade and non-competition restrictions. His experience in these matters also includes the representation of high net worth individuals and domestic and foreign clients in international and acquisitions, dispositions and transactions.
In the entertainment industry, Mr. Hernandez-Toraño's experience includes the representation of internationally acclaimed and Grammy® Award winning recording artists and producers, the Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences®, several of the recording industries' "major" record companies, award winning songwriters, independent record companies and music publishers, network television and radio talent, network television and radio affiliates, internet and service technology and content providers, fashion apparel designers, as well as traditionally non-entertainment clients doing business in entertainment industry. Mr. Hernandez-Toraño has represented these clients' interests in matters that have involved various disciplines of the law, including the active coordination and oversight of litigation and dispute resolution procedures on their behalf.
In many of his attorney-client relationships, Mr. Hernandez-Toraño serves in the capacity of general counsel to those clients, overseeing and regularly advising them on and coordinating all of their legal affairs and, where necessary, coordinating and supervising their engagement of special counsel.
Contact & Links
- 701 Brickell Avenue, Suite 3300
Miami, FL 33131
- University of Miami School of Law, BSBA
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Belen Alumni Association of Jesuit Schools from Cuba and Miami - President
- Cuban-American Bar Association - Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association - Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade - General Counsel, Executive Committee and Director
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, Miami (2023)
- International Mergers and Acquisitions, Miami (2022)
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, Miami (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Corporate Law
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- 100 Most Influential Hispanics in the U.S., Hispanic Business Magazine, 1999
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Entertainment Law, 2005
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2012
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2005-2014
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.