Recognized since 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
Labor and Employment Law
Labor and employment law, social security, and immigration.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
Barra Mexicana (Mexican Bar Association); board member for various periods; coordinator of the Employment Law and Social Security Committee.
Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de Mexico (Illustrious and National Association of Lawyers of Mexico).
Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Colegio de Abogados (National Association of Corporate Counsel).
American Bar Association (ABA).
Inter-American Bar Association (FIA); board member and president of the Labor and Social Security Law Committee; president from 2008 through 2009.
Active member of the labor and employment law committees in all of the above-mentioned associations.
Co-author of a book published by the Mexican Bar Association entitled “Falta de liquidez de las empresas y sus consecuencias jurídicas” (Lack of Companies’ Liquidity and its Legal Consequences).
Contributed a chapter on Mexico for the ABA’s International Practitioner’s Deskbook Series: International Labor and Employment Law, A Practical Guide (June 1, 2006).
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Professor of social security law, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City (1985-1986); collective labor law and rules of labor procedure, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City (1988-1990); collective labor law, Universidad Iberoamericana (1991-2010).
Has been engaged in the practice of labor law (both collective and individual), employment and social security law, trial lawyer and strategist and counselor.
Keynote speaker for different associations and chambers of commerce in the ?elds of employment and constitutional law.
Chambers & Partners Latin America; Band 1 for many consecutive years to date.
Legal 500; Band 1 for many years to date.
Who’s Who Legal 2014: “He is one of the country’s leading labor lawyers. Has an outstanding reputation in the market and is hailed by clients as responsive, thorough, experienced and well connected in the market”.
Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA): “He has one of the most highly regarded labor law practices in Mexico City”.
Mexican Bar Association, recipient of the 2011 pro bono award for his dedication to serving the community in labor and employment matters.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.basham.com.mx/partners_depresnojorge.html
- Paseo de los Tamarindos No. 400-A, Piso 9
Col. Bosques de las Lomas
Mexico City 05120
- Mexico, Mexican Bar Association
- United States, American Bar Association
- United States, Inter-American Bar Association for the 2008-2009 term
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (National Association of In-House Counsel) - Member
- Federación Interamericana de Abogados (Inter-American Bar Association) - Member
- FIA/IABA board of directors (council) - Member
- Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México (Illustrious and National College of Lawyers of Mexico) - Member
- Inter-American Bar Association for the 2008-2009 term - President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Labor and Employment Law, Mexico, Mexico (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Mexico™ 2022 for work in:
- Administrative Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Labor Relations
- Social Security
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Latin America; Band 1 for many consecutive years to date.
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal in 2014 for having one of the “most highly regarded labor law practices in Mexico City.”
- Recognized by Latin American Corporate Counsel Association’s (LACCA) as an "outstanding lawyer"
- Recognized in Legal 500; Band 1 for many years to date.
- Recognized by Mexican Bar Association, recipient of the 2011 pro bono award for his dedication to serving the community in labor and employment matters.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.