Chairman of Carey. His practice focuses on corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, and international arbitration.
Activities and Memberships
- Conciliator of the Center for the Settlement of International Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington D.C., designated by the Chilean Government (2005-2011; 2011-2016 and 2017-2023).
- Member of the panel of arbitrators of the Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago.
- Chairman of Moneda Chile Fund, Vice-Chairman of AFP Provida and Quebrada Blanca, and member of the Board of Directors of corporations such as Masisa, Cementos Melón and GNL Quintero. He is also member of the Board of Directors of Instituto Libertad, Corporación del Patrimonio Cultural and of Centro de Estudios Internacionales of the Universidad Católica.
- Vicepresident of the Hong Kong Latin America Business Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the Inter-American Bar Association.
- Member of the Commission at Large appointed by the current Minister of Justice of Chile to form a task force within the government for the defense of Chile in international litigation.
- Former chairman of the British Chilean Chamber of Commerce.
- Former chairman of the Canada Chile Chamber of Commerce.
- Former member of the board of AMCHAM.
- Former staff attorney, for three years, of both the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in Washington D.C., USA.
- Professor for a 5-year period of Economic Law at the Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Vice-Chairman of the Center for American and International Law, Dallas, USA.
- Author of legal publications, including “Debt to Equity Conversion: a Chilean Legal View” (1990).
- Frequent lecturer in legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.