Recognized since 2015
Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
After more than 15 years of experience in leading law firms (Uría Menéndez and Deloitte Legal, where he was partner and Board member), three of them residing in New York, Jordi launched his own boutique firm, Maristany, in 2016.
Jordi is widely experienced in multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, complex contract architecture and legal project management, as well as in international dispute resolution. Jordi serves as Board secretary of companies in different industries (pharma, biotech, and media, among others), where he is recognized not only for providing legal input, but also strategy and negotiation skills.
Jordi also combines law practice with committed academic experience. Jordi teaches M&A and Corporate Law at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya and Business Economics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. He has taught M&A, corporate law and contracts in the LL.M programs of some of the most reputable universities in Spain, including ESADE, and in the Barcelona Bar Association. As a result, Maristany currently gathers a second-to-none team of young bright professionals fostered in a methodology of true business-oriented advice to medium-size companies.
In 2013, Jordi was recognized with the 40Under40 award granted by prestigious the Iberian Legal Group, and he takes special pride in having been annually selected by his peers to be included within “Best Lawyers” since 2015.
Jordi is also ranked in Chambers and Partners, in its Corporate/M&A section, being rated by one client as "bright, trustworthy and extremely business-oriented" adding: "He is able to craft imaginative solutions."
- Balmes, 222, 2-1
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, LLM in Business Law, graduated 1999
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Degree in Law, graduated 1998
- Spain, Barcelona Bar Association, Spain, 1999
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Spain™ 2022 for work in:
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Financial Institutions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- "Best Lawyers" Corporate / M&A, Litigation & Financial Institutions.
- 40Under40 Award, 2013 Iberian Lawyer Group. Chosen biannually by a highly qualified Jury, the 40Under40 awards recognize the achievement of the top 40 lawyers under 40 years of age working within the Iberian legal market.
- Ranked in Chambers and Partners, Corporate/M&A section.
Universitat de BarcelonaBusiness Administration studies, from 1996-1998
Université de Genève Law Schoolinternational taxation, banking law and conflicts of laws postgraduate seminars, 1998
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.