Recognized since 2016
Real Estate Law
Jonathan Thalheimer focuses his practice on commercial real estate sales, acquisitions and development and complex finance transactions. From individuals and small privately held businesses to large publicly traded corporations, Mr. Thalheimer represents clients in matters including portfolio lending, construction lending, commercial mortgage-backed securities, conduit lending, corporate and municipal bonds, loan syndications, interest rate caps and swaps, aircraft financing, and other structured finance transactions.
Mr. Thalheimer holds numerous leadership positions in various state and national professional organizations. He was recently elected to serve on the governing council of the largest of the State Bar of Texas’ sections, the Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section. He is a fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA), where he was elected to the Board of Regents and serves as the Co-Chair of its Capital Markets Committee and as Texas State Chair. He is also a fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and serves as the Chair of its Capital Markets & Real Estate Finance Committee. He is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association, Mortgage Bankers’ Association, and a fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
A prolific writer and speaker, Mr. Thalheimer frequently lectures and has authored papers on a variety of subjects. These include high-volatility commercial real estate regulations, LIBOR history and transition proposals, Texas title insurance, negotiation and documentation of commercial real estate construction loans and commercial mortgage-backed securities.
A graduate of the University of Virginia, Mr. Thalheimer is licensed to practice in the State of Texas, before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.mcslaw.com/team/jonathan-thalheimer/
- 500 North Akard Street. Suite 2200
Dallas, TX 75201
- University of Virginia, J.D., graduated 1982
- Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude, graduated 1979
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys - Board of Regents, Capital Markets Committee Co-Chair, Fellow
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Capital Markets Committee - Chair
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Mortgage Bankers’ Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Special Committee to Combat Hunger and Homelessness - Former Committee Member
- Texas Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- University of North Texas College of Law, Louis A. Bedford, Jr. - Mentor
- William “Mac” Taylor, Jr. 112th American Inn of Court - Master Member
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2016–2024
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2003–2005, 2021-2023
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Leaders/Top Rated Lawyers, ALM and Martindale-Hubbell, recognized 2013–2016
- Commercial Finance Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.