Jonathan Shapiro has extensive experience in employment, labor and employee benefits law and litigation. He represents employers before state and federal courts across the country in complex wage-and hour class and collective actions and cases that involve discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and other employment matters.
Jonathan has defended executives in white-collar criminal investigations and litigation. In addition, he counsels employers on various issues concerning employment law compliance and managing a workforce, including:
- Wage and hour compliance and exemption classification
- Payroll practices and personnel policies and practices
- Hiring and termination of employees
- Audits and investigations
- Employment agreements and severance packages for executives