Recognized since 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Real Estate Law
Jonathan S. Marcus is chair of the firm's Residential and Master Planned Communities Team. His practice includes residential community and commercial acquisitions, sales and development. Mr. Marcus currently represents many residential real estate developers, including several of the largest in the United States and South Florida, together with large local and national retail companies in the negotiation and drafting of complex purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, assorted easement and license agreements and the closing of such transactions.
Mr. Marcus also has significant experience in real estate lending representation that includes drafting and negotiating loan documents, closing hundreds of commercial real estate loans representing large institutional lenders in transactions ranging from acquisition, development, and construction loans for residential and commercial property to mini-perm and permanent loan transactions. He has represented lenders in a varied range of commercial real estate projects, including what at the time was believed to be the largest real estate loan ever made to a religious institution in Broward County.
Mr. Marcus' experience also includes drafting and negotiating major lease agreements for retail and office use, on behalf of both landlords and tenants.
Following his graduation from law school, Mr. Marcus served a judicial clerkship under United States Magistrate Charlene H. Sorrentino for the Southern District of Florida.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hklaw.com/en/professionals/m/marcus-jonathan-s
- 515 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1981
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- Broward Housing Partnership - Board of Directors
- Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012, 2
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.