Recognized since 2006
Washington, District of Columbia
During family transitions like divorce, strategic thinking can be difficult. Empathetic and understanding, Jonathan Dana helps clients work through their emotions to make sound decisions for the future. Acting as a trusted advisor, Jonathan engages clients in a business-like approach to decision-making, analyzing costs and benefits to arrive at pragmatic solutions.
A partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, Jonathan is continually recognized as a leader in his field. With more than 25 years of experience in family law, Jonathan has wide-ranging expertise. Clients appreciate Jonathan’s knowledge of complex property divisions, pensions and retirements, business valuation, tax implications, and the needs of financially-dependent spouses. Jonathan’s clientele includes an array of professionals, and he is often chosen by lawyers from other firms to manage their divorces.
Jonathan is widely recognized for his outstanding ethical standards and his commitment to achieving resolution without exacerbating family conflict. An adept communicator and problem solver, Jonathan resolves the vast majority of cases through negotiation, mediation, and Collaborative Law. But when litigation is necessary to bring matters to closure, Jonathan excels as a skilled advocate in the courtroom.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.feldesmantucker.com/attorneys/jonathan-m-dana
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 1129 Twentieth Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
- Antioch School of Law, J.D. , graduated 1984
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., graduated 1977
- Maryland, 1995
- District of Columbia, 1984
- Annual Judicial Conference of the District of Columbia - Voting Delegate (1984 – 1995)
- Charles Fahy American Inn of Court - Participant (1990)
- D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- D.C. Bar - Treasurer (1988 – 1990) and (1993 - 1995)
- D.C. Bar, Family Law Division - Member (1984 – Present)
- D.C. Bar, Family Law Section - Past Co-Chair
- D.C. Bar, Steering Committee - Co-Chair (1995 – 1996)
- D.C. Volunteer Lawyers Project - Board Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Equitable Division
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Selected to "Top Divorce Lawyers” by Bethesda Magazine (2017)
- Best Lawyers in America© (2006-2022)
- Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers “Top 100 Lawyers” list – Family Law (2019-2021)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.