Recognized since 2021
Concord, New Hampshire
Health Care Law
Litigation - Health Care
Jonathan is an experienced civil litigator. He has practiced in New Hampshire for more than twenty years, after starting his career in the Boston office of a national firm. Jonathan focuses the bulk of his practice on medical malpractice defense, and represents medical professionals in litigated disputes and in investigations by state licensing agencies. His diverse practice also includes managing complex litigation in civil rights, environmental insurance coverage, construction law, and administrative law disputes. He has authored articles on investigations and disciplinary proceedings of New Hampshire’s licensing boards, defending claims for anesthesia awareness, privacy rights, pharma’s access to prescriber information, and getting scientific and expert testimony admitted into evidence.
His peers have continually selected Jonathan for inclusion in SuperLawyers® as a top medical malpractice defense attorney. Since 2023, The Best Lawyers in America® named Jonathan as a Best Lawyer in Health Care Law and Litigation-Health Care. And he was recognized by Best Lawyers® as Concord’s “Lawyer of the Year” in Health Care Law in the 2024 edition.
Jonathan grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. After obtaining his B.A. in Public Policy and American Institutions from Brown University, he returned to Ann Arbor to attend the University of Michigan School of Law, where he graduated cum laude in 2.5 years.
Jonathan is a passionate supporter of the arts. He previously served on the Board and was the Vice President of the Granite State Music Festival and is currently the Vice Chair of the Board of Red River Theatres, an independent cinema in Concord, NH. He is equally passionate, some might say fanatical, about Michigan athletics and is on the Board of the University of Michigan Club of New Hampshire.
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict for an anesthesiologist following a jury trial in which the plaintiffs alleged anesthesia awareness.
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict for an Ob/Gyn following a jury trial in which the plaintiff alleged that mismanagement of pregnancy resulted in cesarean delivery and negligent post-operative wound care.
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict for a hospital and a CT Technician following a jury trial in which the plaintiff alleged that improper use of a power-injector caused an extravasation injury.
- Succeeded in getting numerous lawsuits brought by incarcerated plaintiffs against prison and jail medical personnel dismissed.
Negotiated a number of settlements with New Hampshire licensing authorities, which enabled his clients to continue practicing within their specialties.
- Represented a hospital in the investigation and defense of numerous potential claims related to drug diversion by a temporary employee.
Jonathan is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gcglaw.com/our-people/jonathan-a-lax
- 214 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
- University of Michigan, JD, graduated 1994
- Brown University, BA, graduated 1992
- New Hampshire, 1997
- Massachusetts, 1995
- Vermont, 2012
- Granite State Music Festival - VP
- Red River Theatres - Board Member
- University of Michigan Club of New Hampshire - Former President and Current Board Member
- USDC - NH
- 1st Circuit
- Health Care Law, Concord (2024)
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Health Care
New England SuperLawyer - Medical Malpractice Defense
- Best Lawyers - Healthcare Law
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.