Recognized since 2015
Litigation - Insurance
Jon Schneider was Best Lawyers® 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" (Phoenix) in Insurance Litigation. His practice encompasses a wide variety of civil litigation matters, including divorce and family law.
Jon Schneider founded Schneider & Onofry in 1999. His practice has encompassed a wide variety of complex cases, including:
- commercial truck accidents
- professional liability
- catastrophic injury
- products liability
- premises liability
- elder abuse defense
- insurance disputes
Family law also makes up a significant portion of Jon's practice, with an emphasis on serving divorce clients in Maricopa County and Yuma County.
Jon is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA membership requires having served as legal counsel in 20 or more jury trials, a standard that Jon has more than doubled.
The Best Lawyers in America® named Jon the 2017 Phoenix “Lawyer of the Year” in Insurance Litigation. A Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® attorney, Jon is a nine-time Super Lawyers selectee and current Best Lawyers® honoree.
His professional memberships include the American Bar Association, Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA), Defense Research Institute (DRI) and Arizona Association of Defense Counsel. For more than 15 years, he served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Arizona Court of Appeals and Maricopa County Superior Court.
Before entering private practice, in 1984-1985 Jon served a judicial clerkship for the Hon. Thomas C. Kleinschmidt of the Arizona Court of Appeals.
Away from the office, Jon is a devoted husband and father and a fan of the Phoenix Suns and UofA Wildcats.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.soarizonalaw.com/attorneys/schneider
- 365 East Coronado Road
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- 207 West Second Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
- The University of Arizona, J.D., graduated 1984
- The University of Arizona, B.A. with High Distinction, graduated 1981
- Arizona, 1984
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel - Member
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Member
- Yuma County Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1984
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Insurance, Phoenix (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Insurance
- Commercial Litigation
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America Phoenix “Lawyer of the Year,” Insurance Litigation, 2017
- Super Lawyers, 2010-present
Certified SpecialistPersonal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation (Arizona Board of Legal Specialization)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.