Recognized since 2006
Manchester, New Hampshire
Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
Nonprofit / Charities Law
Jon Sparkman is a shareholder of the firm counseling privately-held businesses and non-profit organizations. Jon's business law practice involves representing small- to medium-size businesses from start-up to eventual sale, providing advice with respect to formation and financing, growth and expansion as well as mergers and acquisitions. Jon's representation of non-profit organizations focuses on formation, obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, governance issues and mergers. Specific tax-exempt issues include avoidance of intermediate sanctions and compensation planning.
In addition, Jon has combined his business and tax experience in representing investors in New Hampshire affordable housing projects including low-income housing tax credit projects, historic tax credit projects, senior assisted living projects and projects for working families in New Hampshire.
New Hampshire state tax issues have also been a focus of Jon's practice. In particular, he represents businesses of all sizes in audits and administrative appeals of business profits tax, business enterprise tax, transfer tax, meals and rooms tax, and interest and dividends tax matters before the State of New Hampshire's Department of Revenue Administration. The BPT's reasonable compensation deduction has been an area of ongoing interest to the Department of Revenue Administration, and Jon regularly represents clients in reasonable compensation audits.
Jon's background as a certified public accountant provides him with a broad business and financial base which he utilizes in representing the firm's business clients. His work experience in the accounting field with both small regional CPA firms and a national CPA firm has provided him with exposure to a wide variety of businesses and industries.Read More About Jon Sparkman.
- 111 Amherst Street
Manchester, NH 03101
- Suffolk University, graduated 1990
- Bob Jones University, graduated 1985
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Nonprofit / Charities Law, Manchester (2024)
- Nonprofit / Charities Law, Manchester (2022)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Manchester (2021)
- Nonprofit / Charities Law, Manchester (2020)
- Corporate Law, Manchester (2018)
- Nonprofit / Charities Law, Manchester (2016)
- Tax Law, Manchester (2015)
- Nonprofit / Charities Law, Manchester (2014)
- Tax Law, Manchester (2012)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Corporate Law
- Nonprofit / Charities Law
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.