Recognized since 2013
John W. Cannavino is a Principal in Cummings & Lockwood's Litigation Group and is based in the Stamford office. He brings over 40 years' of broad-based experience to his litigation and trial practice, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. He has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation, including securities litigation; litigation between investors and hedge fund managers; insurance coverage disputes; corporate, partnership, and limited liability company disputes and dissolutions; contract disputes; environmental litigation; real estate litigation, including lease, restrictive covenant, and easement disputes; real property tax appeals; Connecticut State tax appeals, including domicile litigation; trustee and fiduciary litigation, including litigation regarding self-settled asset protection trusts; and restrictive covenant and trade secrets litigation. He has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts, including jury trials, as well as arbitrations. He has also acted as co-counsel in a number of matrimonial cases, providing assistance on complex trust and commercial issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.cl-law.com/professionals/john-w-cannavino
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Six Landmark Square
Stamford, CT 06901
- Syracuse University , J.D., graduated 1977
- Binghamton University, B.A., graduated 1973
- Connecticut, 1977
- Connecticut Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- Fairfield County Bar Association - Member
- The Raymond E. Baldwin American Inn of Court - Member
- Stamford Downtown Special Services District - Board of Commissioners, Member
- United States Tax Court, 2008
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.