Recognized since 2006
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Commercial Finance Law
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Health Care Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
John Babcock has extensive experience in corporate and tax law matters, mergers and acquisitions and general business transactions, as well as commercial loan transactions where he represents both borrowers and lenders.
John represents clients regarding all aspects of entity formation, debt and private equity financing, corporate governance, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and commercial business and loan transactions. He also devotes a significant portion of his time advising clients on a wide range of tax matters, focusing primarily on partnership and S corporation tax issues.
John has served as an adjunct professor of law at Wake Forest University Law School for many years, where he has taught courses in business planning, partnership taxation, and corporate taxation.
John graduated from the University of Michigan-Dearborn in 1982, with distinction, with a bachelor of science in administration. He received his J.D. in 1985 from Wake Forest University, where he graduated magna cum laude, and an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 1987.
- 370 Knollwood Street, Suite 600
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
- New York University, LL.M. Taxation, graduated 1987
- Wake Forest University, J.D,, graduated 1985
- University of Michigan – Dearborn, B.S.A. Finance, graduated 1982
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association, 1986
- American Bar Association - Member, LLC’s, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Subcommittee
- American Bar Association - Member, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member, Tax and Business Law Sections
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Triad (2022)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Triad (2021)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Greensboro (2019)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Greensboro (2017)
- Corporate Law, Greensboro (2016)
- Corporate Law, Greensboro (2010)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Finance Law
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Corporate Law
- Health Care Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Legal Elite®, as rated by Business North Carolina magazine, multiple years
Legal Elite® Top Rated Lawyer for Business Law, 2018
Legal Elite Hall of Fame, 2019
Super Lawyers®, 2007-2017, 2019-present
AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating in Martindale-Hubble
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.