Recognized since 2022
Intellectual Property Law
John Simpson is known by his clients and peers for his depth of knowledge in trademark and copyright law, for his dedication to client service and for his creative solutions to challenging legal problems.
John’s litigation practice focusses on trademark and copyright infringement cases where he has considerable experience acting for both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of industries. He has appeared on behalf of clients in the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Trademarks Opposition Board. He has also helped his clients reach favourable settlements in proceedings before each of these forums.
In his trademark advisory and prosecution practice, John helps clients identify, develop and protect their trademark assets and to avoid conflicts with others’ trademark rights in Canada and the United States. John has a network of colleagues around the world who he can connect his clients to for their trademark needs outside of North America.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.shiftlaw.ca/team/john-simpson.html
- 60 St. Clair Ave. East, Suite 403
Toronto, ON M4T 1N5
- University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Area of Concentration Information and Technology Law, graduated 2003
- Shift Law - Lawyer, Registered Trademark Agent, Certified Specialist in IP Law (Trademark/Copyright)
- Bereskin & Parr LLP - Lawyer
- Goodmans LLP - Lawyer
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Intellectual Property Law
- John is ranked in the World Trademark Review’s WTR1000 list of the world’s leading trademark practitioners
- Canadian Lawyer Magazine Top 10 Intellectual Property Boutiques
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.