Recognized since 2021
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
John Roxon has practiced law for more than 30 years. During that time, his practice has concentrated on representing injured people, both those injured on the job and because of the negligence of others. He also has handled cases involving insurance disputes and bad faith refusal to pay insurance benefits to policyholders.John received his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, and his law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law.
After law school, John served as law clerk to the Honorable Graydon S. McKee Ill, the Chief Administrative Judge for the Seventh Judicial Circuit in Maryland. John moved to South Carolina in 1991 and worked for a firm in Charleston, handling workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. He ran his own practice for 10 years. In 2009, he joined Joye Law Firm and opened the firm’s Myrtle Beach office.
John is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association and has served from 2017 to 2020 on its Board of Governors. John has twice served on the Bar Association’s House of Delegates: from 2015-2017 and again from 2020-2022. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Foundation, the Bar’s charitable arm, and was elected in 2020 to the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Since 2015, John has been a member of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group. He has been selected as a Top Injured Workers Advocate in 2017 and 2020. He also has had memberships since 2009 in the SC Injured Workers’ Advocates and the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association. He is a member of the General Council for the South Carolina Bar’s Workers’ Compensation Committee. He is also a member of the South Carolina Bar Professional Responsibility Committee and has served on several advisory committees for the Bar. He is a member of SCAJ and the AAJ.
John has been listed in Super Lawyers since 2017 and has enjoyed a 10.0 Avvo rating since that time. In 2019, he received the Avvo Client’s Choice Award.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.joyelawfirm.com/our-attorneys/john-roxon
- 2050 Corporate Centre Drive, Suite 140
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- University of Maryland , J.D.
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A.
- South Carolina, 1991
- Board of Governors, South Carolina Bar Association - Member
- Horry County Bar Association - Member
- House of Delegates, South Carolina Bar Association - Member
- Injured Workers' Advocates - Member
- South Carolina Bar Foundation - Member
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association - Member
- Workers Compensation Section, Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Super Lawyers, 2017-Present
- 10.0 Avvo Rating
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.