Recognized since 2020
Litigation - Bankruptcy
John is a trial lawyer in the firm’s litigation department. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, insolvency matters, sports litigation, and environmental litigation.
For more than a decade, John has represented plaintiffs and defendants in contract, business tort, and corporate governance disputes in a variety of industries, including banking, construction, manufacturing, and real estate. He also represents creditors in federal and state courts throughout Florida. His representative matters include Chapter 11 and 12 reorganizations, adversary proceedings, and other contested matters in bankruptcy court.
In addition, John represents professional sports governing bodies in the investigation and prosecution of athletes and officials involved in gambling, match-fixing, and other corruption matters.
Clients and in-house counsel turn to John when faced with legal matters that are especially complicated. He takes pride in translating complex headaches into simple and cost-efficient resolutions.
John has been named a Florida Trend “Legal Elite” and a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for his work in business litigation. He was also listed by The Best Lawyers in America in commercial litigation.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.smithhulsey.com/attorney/john-r-thomas/
- One Independent Drive, Suite 3300
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Swarthmore College, B.A.
- University of Florida , J.D.
- United States District Court - Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court - Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court - Middle District of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals - Eleventh Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Commercial Litigation
- Florida Trend “Legal Elite”
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.