Recognized since 2006
Vancouver, British Columbia
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Product Liability Law
John Singleton is the Chair of Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP . He is a member of the Construction and Infrastructure, Insurance, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation and Professional Liability Law Groups.
John’s practice is focused on the areas of insurance, construction, professional liability and environmental matters, on behalf of property owners, architects, engineers, contractors, regulatory agencies and insurers. He has acted as counsel in several precedent-setting cases involving insurers, architects, engineers and other participants in the construction industry and has been counsel on a wide variety of issues related to environmental concerns.
John is a chartered arbitrator and mediator of complex commercial disputes, and is actively involved in both mediation and arbitration on behalf of his own clients and as retained by others. John has extensive experience with Public Private Partnership (P3’s) and major infrastructure projects and he has acted as fairness monitor and advisor on more than 95 projects in the past 15 years including:
- RCMP Headquarters in Surrey
- The Surrey Memorial Outpatient Clinic
- Surrey Biofuel Project
- Joseph and Rosalie Segal Acute Care Facility
- Kelowna and Vernon Hospitals
- Several Fraser Health, Interior Health and Northern Health healthcare projects
- Campbell River, Courtney, Ft. St. John, Haida Gwaii Hospitals
- John Hart Dam
- Site C Dam Civil Works, Turbines and Generators, Power House and Spillway
- Royal Columbian Hospital
- BC Hydro Smart Metering Project
- BC Hydro Bioenergy Program
Contact & Links
- 925 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- Alberta, 1970
- Saskatchewan, 1981
- British Columbia, 1982
- Yukon, 1984
- Stanford University Law School, Palo Alto, California - Visiting Lecturer
- American Dispute Resolution Center - Arbitrator
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys - Member
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers - Fellow
- Defence Research Institute - Member
- Federation of Defence and Corporate Counsel - Member
- Kuala Lumpur and Singapore International Arbitration Centres - Member
- Panel of Arbitrators of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) and Hongkong International Arbitration Centre - Member
- University of British Columbia - Adjunct Professor
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Insurance Law, Vancouver, Canada (2014)
- Construction Law, Vancouver, Canada (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Product Liability Law
- Ranked by Best Lawyers for his work in construction law, insurance law and product liability law.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rated from 1990 – present.
- Recognized as a Benchmark Litigation Star in the 2017 edition of Benchmark Canada, the Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys.
- Recognized in the 2018 edition of Chambers Canada — Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Construction) as a Band 1 practitioner in the area of Construction Law.
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Construction, Litigation, Insurance and Professional Liability in the 2018 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal – Construction Law.
- Recommended, Infrastructure and Projects, The Legal 500 Canada.
- Most Frequently Recommended, Construction Law Repeatedly recommended, Commercial Arbitration, The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- Recognized in Benchmark Canada — The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a “Local Litigation Star: Ontario” and a “Litigation Star: Construction”.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s leading Construction and Insurance Law lawyers by Best Lawyers Canada®.
- Recognized in the Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Construction Law).
- Recognized as one of Canada’s leading Cross-Border Litigators, Lexpert® Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada.
- Recognized as a leading Infrastructure lawyer in Canada, Lexpert ®/Report on Business Special Edition – Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyer.
- Recognized as a leading Litigation lawyer in Canada, Lexpert®/Report on Business Special Edition – Canada’s Leading Litigation Lawyers.
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal as a National Leader in the area of Construction Law.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.