John Singleton is the Managing Partner at Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP . He is a member of the Construction & Infrastructure, Insurance, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation and Professional Liability Law Groups.
John’s practice is focused on the areas of insurance, construction, professional liability and environmental matters, on behalf of property owners, architects, engineers, contractors, regulatory agencies and insurers. He has acted as counsel in several precedent-setting cases involving insurers, architects, engineers and other participants in the construction industry and has been counsel on a wide variety of issues related to environmental concerns.
John is a chartered arbitrator and mediator of complex commercial disputes, and is actively involved in both mediation and arbitration on behalf of his own clients and as retained by others. John has extensive experience with Public Private Partnership (P3’s) and major infrastructure projects and he has acted as fairness monitor and advisor on more than 50 projects in the past 10 years including:
- RCMP Headquarters in Surrey
- The Surrey Memorial Outpatient Clinic
- Surrey Biofuel Project
- Joseph and Rosalie Segal Acute Care Facility
- Kelowna and Vernon Hospitals
- Several Fraser Health, Interior Health and Northern Health healthcare projects
- Campbell River, Courtney, Ft. St. John, Haida Gwaii Hospitals
- John Hart Dam
- Site C Dam Civil Works, Turbines and Generators, Power House and Spillway
- Royal Columbian Hospital
- BC Hydro Smart Metering Project
- BC Hydro Bioenergy Program