I am currently the Chair of the Washington State Bar Association's Creditor/Debtor's Rights Section. I also am the Past Executive Committee Chair of the Mediation Program for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington. I have been the Chair and President of the Turnaround Management Association.
I am an Honorary Member of the Turnaround Hall of Fame and a regular author and speaker on commercial insolvency and turnaround topics.
Examples of recent and ongoing work include:
- Assisted major national transportation firm with complex issues associated with insolvency of related party, including valuation and claims resolution
- Represented senior secured lender with debt realization needs on significant urban condominium tower project
- Represented 75% equity owner of regional grocer as to all issues arising within grocer’s Chapter 11
- Assisted multi-family property management enterprise with total restructuring of over $200,000,000 of secured debt on 73 apartment buildings
- Assisted regional investment advisory firm with services associated with involuntary bankruptcies of several related investment funds
- Led teams in several distressed asset acquisitions of commercial properties and operating entities
- Representing courtappointed receiver managing a wide array of multi-state apartment properties