Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
John Fitzpatrick is a senior partner with nearly three decades of legal experience. John's practice focuses on assisting people and financial institutions in inheritance disputes, commercial/business litigation and civil appellate advocacy.
John's peer recognition includes election as a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). He also enjoys a long-standing AV® Preeminent™ rating and is a Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" (Phoenix) Litigation - Trusts and Estates for 2023.
John has a strong track record for achieving results for his clients. He has developed a solid reputation in probate and trust litigation, as well as in commercial litigation, for the high quality of his legal services, his well-considered counsel, his candor, honesty, and respectful demeanor, and his dedication to his clients. He offers a frank analysis of a client's rights, obligations and prospects, as well as a clear understanding of the litigation process and an idea of the potential expense. He regularly encourages an economic analysis of all litigation decisions, including the most significant of those-the engagement of counsel. After all, not all probate disputes justify the often considerable expense of hiring a lawyer.
In his estate, probate and trust litigation practice, John assists clients in resolving a vast array of controversies. Whether the issues relate to probate matters, trust- or fiduciary-related controversies, or contested guardianships and conservatorships, John is able to leverage his decades of trial experience, his broad base of legal knowledge, and the firm's numerous strengths to provide his clients an exceptionally high level of service and sharply honed trial skills.
- 1850 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1800
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., graduated 1987
- Arizona State University, B.S., graduated 1984
- Arizona, State Bar of Arizona
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Fellow
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Member
- Phi Alpha Delta - Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Chair (2018-2019), Probate and Trust Section
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- Horace Rumple American Inn of Court -
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Phoenix (2023)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
- "Lawyer of the Year" (Phoenix), Litigation - Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, 2015-present
- The Best Lawyers in America (Trust and Estate Litigation), 2018-present
- "Az Business Leaders 2023" (Estate Planning & Probate Law), AZ Big Media
- Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.