John P. Slagter
Recognized in:Land Use and Zoning LawLitigation - Real Estate...
Law School:Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Location:1375 East Ninth Street, Suite 1700Cleveland, OH 44114
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., graduated 1991
- John Carroll University, BA, graduated 1988
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation, Real Property and Construction Law Sections - Member
- Church of the Assumption Financial Committee - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Real Estate and Litigation Sections - Member
- Home Builders Association of Summit and Portage Counties - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Member
- Legal Fee Dispute Committee - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Real Estate and Litigation Sections - Member, Past Chairman: Governmental Law Subcommittee
- The 50 Club of Cleveland - Member
- YMCA of Greater Cleveland - Member, Board of Directors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Cleveland (2017)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Cleveland (2016)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Cleveland (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2007-2013).
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers® (2004 – 2012), as voted by his peers.
- Selected to Ohio’s Top 100 Super Lawyers® list (2012) and Cleveland’s Top 50 Super Lawyers® list (2012).
- Recognized in the 2009 Corporate Counsel Edition and the 2011 Business Edition of Super Lawyers® for Real Estate.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™, which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar.
- Recipient: “Associate Supplier of the Year Award” from the Home Builder’s Association of Portage and Summit counties for his volunteer work assisting the association with drafting their form contracts.
Areas of Expertise:
- Commercial Landlord Tenant
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use
- Planned Real Estate
- Public Finance
- Real Property Law
- Shopping Center Transactions
- Tax Certiorari
Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC
3800 Embassy Parkway, Suite 300
Akron, OH 44333
3 Office Locations
in 1 Country