Recognized since 1997
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
A recent substantial case that John resolved in favor of his client is a United States District Court case that he settled just prior to closing arguments, involving a personal injury motor vehicle accident claim, for $2,925,000.00.
John has extensive experience in the evaluation, preparation and resolution of medical malpractice claims against health care providers throughout the State of Vermont. His cases have included claims for brain injuries sustained by babies at or around the time of birth, failure to timely diagnose cancer, injuries during open and laparoscopic surgeries, failure to diagnose and treat infections and adverse reactions to medications.
John's personal injury practice involves representation of those injured or the families of those killed in automobile accidents, fires, work and farm related accidents involving defective products and machinery, and recreational activities such as skiing, snowmobiling and off-road vehicles.
John is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and was appointed as the Vermont State Chair for the 2009-2010 term. He has served leadership positions including president of the Chittenden County Bar Association (1985-1986), member of the Board of Governors of the Vermont Trial Lawyers Association (1989-1992) and member of the Judicial Nominating Board for the State of Vermont (1993-1997). He is also a member of the Birth Trauma and Medical Negligence Groups of the American Association for Justice.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.maleyandmaley.com/attorneys/john-maley.html
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 Main Street, Suite 450
P.O. Box 443
Burlington, VT 05402-0443
- University of Maine, LL.M, graduated 1965
- University of Vermont, BA, graduated 1965
- Vermont, Vermont Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Birth Trauma and Medical Negligence Groups
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit - Admitted
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont - Admitted
- Vermont Bar Association - Admitted
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Burlington (2014)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Burlington (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.