John M. Jolley
Recognized since 2016
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Trusts and Estates
John is a Partner practicing in the firm's Hilton Head office where he focuses his practice on Estate Planning and Probate Administration law.
John is certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court as a specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Administration and is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
John graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1998 and was admitted to the South Carolina and Virginia Bar in the fall of 1998. After graduation, John practiced in Richmond, Virginia and in Alexandria, Virginia before returning to South Carolina in the fall of 2000. John practiced in Columbia, South Carolina until joining McNair Law Firm in the fall of 2005.
John writes and speaks regularly to public and private groups about estate planning, estate administration, and South Carolina probate issues. He served on the South Carolina Bar committee studying the proposed Uniform Trust Code and on the South Carolina Bar Committee studying the ETHICS 2000 report of the American Bar Association. John serves on the South Carolina Bar committee to study and propose changes to the South Carolina Probate Code.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: http://www.burr.com/attorney/john-m-jolley/
- 99 Main Street Suite 103
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- The University of South Carolina, J.D., graduated 1998
- The University of South Carolina, B.A., graduated 1994
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar Association
- Hilton Head Island Area Council of Estate and Financial Advisors - Member
- Hilton Head Island Bar Association - Member and Past Chair
- Midlands Technical College Certified Financial Planner Program - Former Estate Planning Instructor
- niversity of South Carolina (Daniel Management Center) Certified Financial Planner Program - Former Estate Planning Instructor
- South Carolina Bar - Member
- South Carolina Bar - Probate Estate Planning and Trust Section, Former Chair and Member
- South Carolina Bar - Professional Responsibility Committee, Past Chair
- Virginia State Bar Association - Member
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trusts and Estates, Savannah (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Trusts and Estates
- Readers’ Choice Awards, Hilton Head, SC/Bluffton, SC (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America; "Lawyer of the Year," Trusts and Estates, Savannah, SC (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America (2016-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Administration by the South Carolina Supreme Court
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.