Recognized since 1987
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
John develops labor and employment solutions to help companies maintain compliance with federal and state laws regulating the employment relationship.
He counsels Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike on matters including wrongful discharge, equal opportunity, trade secrets and covenants not to compete, wage and hour, privacy, disability, occupational safety, affirmative action and collective action, strikes, unions, and collective bargaining.
John has tried cases in 20 states and been lead counsel in over 300 adversarial proceedings, trials, major arbitrations, or administrative actions that have been tried to conclusion. Many of these cases have set precedent under Colorado and federal law. He has extensive class and collective action experience and has successfully defended nationwide claims for highly recognizable companies.
John speaks frequently at seminars on fair employment and labor relations, and has provided training to over 30,000 professionals on a wide range of labor and employment-related topics. He is a frequent presenter at meetings of the American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and on programs for Council on Education in Management, Continuing Legal Education of Colorado, Inc. and M. Lee Smith Publishers.
John graduated first in his law school class, and before joining Holland & Hart, completed a clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. McWilliams, U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hollandhart.com/jhusband/
- 555 Seventeenth Street, Suite 3200
Denver, CO 80202-3979
- University of Toledo, J.D.
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Employment Law Letter - Editor
- Leadership Denver Alumni Association - Leadership Denver Association
- Terralex - Board of Directors and Executive Committe; Co-Chair Practice Groups; Chair Managing Partners Roundtable
- The Colorado Lawyer - Editor
- The Colorado Safety Association - Director and Officer
- University of Toledo, College of Law - Board of Governors
- Employment Law - Management, Denver (2015)
- Labor Law - Management, Denver (2014)
- Employment Law - Management, Denver (2013)
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Class Actions
- Title VII Litigation
- Wage-Hour Law
- Top Ten Colorado Super Lawyer 2015
- Chambers Tier One-2014 and 2015
- Who’s Who in the World
- Who’s Who in Business
- Who’s Who in America
- Denver Business Journal's PowerBook Fellow - College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Denver Business Journal’s Best of the Bar
- The International Bar Association’s Who’s Who of Management Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Euromoney Guide to the World’s Leading Labour and Employment Lawyers
- Recognized several times as one of the top Leading Lawyers in the World by InterContinental Finance Magazine
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell®, 1988 –present; AV Preeminent® 25th Anniversary, 2013
- Chambers USA 2011-2013 – Labor & Employment (Band 1)
- Top Fifty and Top 100 Colorado Super Lawyer, 2006 - Present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.