Recognized since 2014
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
John practices in all areas of litigation with particular emphasis on criminal, white collar and DUI/OVI (“drunk driving”) defense; and civil litigation involving municipal law, business law, and serious personal injury and wrongful death claims in both State and Federal Court.
John was named to the Super Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio for 2013. 2017 and 2018 and the Top 50 Lawyers in Cincinnati for 2012 through 2018. He is The Best Lawyers in America 2015 Cincinnati Criminal Defense “Lawyer of the Year” and Best Lawyers in America 2018 Cincinnati Criminal Defense: White Collar “Lawyer of the Year”. John also has a perfect 10.0 rating from AVVO.com and was honored with AVVO’s 2014 Client’s Choice Award. See John’s AVVO.com profile for peer endorsements and client reviews.
Before joining the firm in 1994, John served as an assistant prosecutor in the Juvenile, Municipal, and Common Pleas Court trial divisions of the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office. During that time, John was also appointed by the Ohio Attorney General to serve as a special prosecutor for the Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission. After joining the firm, John was twice appointed as a special prosecutor by the Hamilton County Courts.
Today, John uses his trial experience to effectively defend individuals and businesses in white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions, as well as adults and juveniles charged with misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses of every type, including drug offenses and driving under the influence charges.
In civil matters, John has successfully advised and represented business clients on various corporate matters, disputes and litigation. He has won significant awards for clients in numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Call John at 513-300-4012 at any time if you need help immediately. Call at your convenience for a free consultation or if you just have a question.
- 250 East Fifth Street, Suite 2350
Cincinnati, OH 45202-5136
- University of Cincinnati, JD, graduated 1989
- Ohio, 1989
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Cincinnati (2023)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Cincinnati (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Cincinnati (2018)
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Cincinnati (2015)
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers 2013, 2017
- Ohio Super Lawyer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America 2015 Cincinnati Criminal Defense “Lawyer of the Year”
- AVVO.com Perfect 10.0 “Superb” Rating
- AVVO.com 2014 Client’s Choice Award
- Collaborative Law: Civil
- DUI / DWI Defense
- Personal Injury Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.