Recognized since 2007
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
John has represented several major national corporations in defense of personal injury litigation. In addition, he has served as counsel for pharmaceutical corporations in cases throughout our state. During his career he has represented long-term healthcare providers, hospitals and physicians.
For the first several years of John’s career, he represented individuals and corporations as counsel selected by some of the largest insurance carriers in America. He has tried numerous cases involving automobile litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, premises liability and construction litigation.
John is active in both professional and Bar-related activities. He is past National President of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), in which capacity he led over 6,000 seasoned trial lawyers nationwide. John has previously served as the National Secretary for ABOTA and National Vice President. He was President of the Florida Chapters American Board of Trial Advocates (FLABOTA) in 1998 and President of the Tampa Bay Chapter in 1995. John is a Master in the J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court. He has served as a faculty member of the ABOTA Trial College at Princeton University and Harvard University. He is a member of the Litigation Counsel of America and International Association of Defense Counsel, and is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
John has also given back to the community. He served on the Executive Board of Seminole Boosters, Inc. following an earlier career as a scholarship football player for Florida State University. In addition, he was a charter member of the University Center Club in Tallahassee where he served on the Board of Directors.
John was the inaugural recipient of the Tampa Bay Seminole Club's Distinguished Alumni Award. He has also been awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award for the Florida State University School of Social Sciences. John has served as the President of HARC and the President of its Foundation. John is a proud trustee of The Kaul Foundation where he has helped to direct donations to many local, state and national charitable organizations and institutions of higher learning.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://holcomb.law/
- 1343 Main Street, Suite 500
Sarasota, FL 34236
- University of Florida, graduated 1979
- Florida State University, BS, graduated 1977
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates - National President 2009
- National Board of Trial Advocacy - Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar - Civil Trial Law
- American Inns of Court - Master of the Bar
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section - Memeber
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Tampa (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- A-V Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Masters in Trial Award by the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Florida Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Distinguished Alumni Award, School of Social Sciences, Florida State University
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.