Recognized since 2017
For over 35 years, John has practiced primarily in the areas of intellectual property litigation and trademark prosecution. Since joining the firm in 1986, he has been involved in patent litigation, patent interferences, International Trade Commission proceedings, trademark and trade dress litigation, trademark oppositions and cancellation proceedings, and copyright litigation. He also has experience in licensing matters and IP counseling.
In addition, John’s legal expertise also includes IP portfolio strategy and counseling, due diligence studies and opinions, audits, trade secret advice, alternative dispute resolution, nondisclosure agreements, technology transfer, consulting, employment, and community interest agreements.
John works with start-up, emerging and small companies as well as mid-sized corporations. He has been involved in contested patent matters in the electronic, chemical, and biotechnology fields involving technologies as diverse as Recombinant Protein A, monoclonal antibodies, components for printed circuit boards, chemical compositions for stripping metals, electronic diamond testers, neural network facial recognition systems, acoustic wave analysis and synthesis systems, filtration systems for semiconductor processing, and athletic footwear.
John's copyright matters have included works of art, computer game software, and architectural plans.
The World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals has hailed John as exceptional:
"The 'exceptional' John DuPré has a particular affinity with emerging and small to mid-sized entities: 'John gets straight to the nub of the problem and has an astounding breadth of experience helping a range of different clients. He is extremely practical, responsive and deliberate. It also helps that we don’t have to translate what he says for the board.'"
John is also a Martindale-Hubbell featured AV Peer Review rated lawyer. For eight years, he has been named to Super Lawyers, which is a rating of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hbsr.com/our_people/john-dupr
- 55 Old Bedford Road, Suite 200
Lincoln, MA 01773
- Fordham University, J.D.
- Williams College, BA
- Massachusetts, United States
- New Hampshire, United States
- New York, United States
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court
- United States, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- American Bar Association - Member
- Boston Intellectual Property Law Association - Past-President; Past Board of Governors
- International Trademark Association - Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association - Member
- The New England Center for Children, Inc - Member Board of Advisors
- Trademark Law
For over 10 years, World Trademark Review Recognizes John DuPré for handling trademark enforcement and litigation matters.
- World Trademark Review 1000 Recognizes John DuPré in the Gold category for trademark prosecution and strategy. (2017-2023)
- Copyright Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.