Recognized since 2021
Litigation - Construction
John Deis, a partner at Houston-based Hicks Thomas LLP, is a highly skilled litigator who focuses his practice on complex construction, oil and gas and commercial litigation. His understanding of very complex issues has benefitted his clients in cases ranging from catastrophic oil and gas accidents to industrial construction projects, contract disputes and trade and secret matters.
Mr. Deis has the ability to understand complex issues and is known to go above and beyond for his clients. He once spent four days living aboard a floating oil rig offshore Libya in order to understand how various equipment worked and to disprove his opponent’s argument that the rig’s equipment and crew were unfit.
Known for his ability to clearly distill complex factual and legal issues into winning arguments before judges and juries, Mr. Deis attributes his skills in the courtroom to the lessons he learned while serving as a Marine Corps officer: assess the situation quickly, develop a plan of action and out execute your opponent. It is this ability that allows him to remain calm and focused, against the toughest opponents and in the most high-pressure situations.
Mr. Deis was a top graduate of the University of Houston Law Center and managing editor of the Houston Law Review. Mr. Deis is also active in the community as volunteer and fundraiser, and is a member of the State Bar of Texas and Houston Bar Foundations.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hicks-thomas.com/attorneys/john-j-deis/
- 700 Louisiana Street, Suite 2300
Houston, TX 77002
- University of Houston, J.D., graduated 2000
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Business Administration, graduated 1993
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Foundation - Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Construction
500 Leading Lawyers in Environmental Law by Lawdragon, 2023
500 Leading Litigators in America by Lawdragon, 2023
Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022-2023
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (2021-2024)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.