John H. Birkeland
Recognized in:Tax Law
Law School:University of Iowa College of Law
Location:633 Seventeenth Street, Suite 3000Denver, CO 80202-3624
- University of Iowa, BA, graduated 1966
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD, magna cum laude, graduated 1968
- New York University , LLM, graduated 1973
- Board of Trustees, Denver Botanic Gardens - Past Trustee
- Colorado Bar Association - Member, Past Chairman, Section of Taxation
- Metro Denver Executive Club - Past President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Tax Law, Denver (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Tax Law
- Recognized as one of Colorado’s Super Lawyers
Areas of Expertise:
- Property Tax
- Routinely provides advice to companies of all sizes regarding federal and state income tax issues, including tax advice concerning the acquisition and disposition of business entities and assets.
- Advises clients on tax and real estate aspects of conservation easements.
- Routinely counsels clients facing audits and represents them in administrative proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service and the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Routinely advises on and prepares partnership agreements and operating agreements for a variety of business concerns.
- Provides tax advice concerning the structure and operation of private equity limited partnerships.
- Routinely counsels clients on commercial real estate transactions.
201 East Washington Street, Suite 800
Phoenix, AZ 85004
7033 East Greenway Parkway, Suite 250
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
730 East Durant Avenue, Suite 200
Aspen, CO 81611
90 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 1500
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Two Peachtree Pointe, Suite 850
1555 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
50 West Liberty Street, Suite 1000
Reno, NV 89501
500 Marquette Avenue Northwest, Suite 1203
Albuquerque, NM 87102