Recognized since 2009
Real Estate Law
John is the Chair of the firm's Real Estate, Land Use and Construction Law Practice Group and a member of the Business Law Group. He counsels his clients in all areas of real estate development, construction law, and commercial and construction financing: including, property acquisitions and dispositions; commercial, industrial, retail and office leasing; zoning; and land use law; and creditors' rights. John provides both preventive and remedial legal counsel to financial institutions, real estate developers, REITS, architects, engineers, hotel owners, construction companies, design builders, commercial lessors and tenants, and title insurance companies. He also has significant experience in environmental matters and brownfields redevelopment.
Contact & Links
- 111 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1400
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Marquette University, BS, graduated 1975
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Wisconsin, Waukesha County Bar Association
- Wisconsin, American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Bar Association's Forum on the Construction Industry - Member
- American Institute of Architects - Affiliate Member
- Brookfield Rotary Club - Director and President
- Divine Savior Holy Angels High School - Director
- Elm Grove Community Foundation - Director and President
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Member
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin - Director and President
- Sisters of the Devine Savior Sponsorship Board of Directors - Board of Directors
- Westmoor Country Club - Director
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Construction Law, Milwaukee (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Development
- Contract Review and Negotiation
- Real Estate
- Named one of "Milwaukee's Leading Lawyers" in Construction, Land Use and Real Estate by M Magazine, July 2012 issue. Only 2-5% of the top ranked attorneys published by Avvo for each category, were recognized.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™–AV Preeminent, reflecting an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
- Profiled in the 2008 Construction Law Edition published by The Daily Reporter and the Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Named 2021 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” for Construction Law.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®–Construction Law, Real Estate Law, Corporate Law and Commercial Litigation 2009–2021.
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® in 2005–2020, Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine.
- Speaker, O'Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing, 2011 Hot Topics for In-House Counsel seminar, "Working with In-House Counsel: The Unauthorized Practice of Law in Wisconsin."
- John has lectured to professional groups on commercial loan workouts, lender liability claims, and brownfields developments.
John Assists Clients With
- Construction and Commercial Financing
- Commercial Leasing
- Condominium Development and Association Management Issues
- Planning, Zoning and Land Use Law
- Environmental Law and Brownfields Redevelopment
- Creditors’ Rights
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.