John F. Baron
Recognized since 2005
Charlotte, North Carolina
International Trade and Finance Law
John Baron is the lead partner of the Charlotte office’s Federal and International Tax Group, partner-in-charge of the Charlotte office and chair of the partners committee. His practice is principally transactional in nature, and his clients include both domestic and foreign companies and financial institutions, as well as private equity firms, CDOs and hedge funds. He regularly provides tax structuring advice and renders tax opinions with respect to mergers and acquisitions, structured finance transactions, securitizations involving REMICS, grantor trusts and CDOs, and cross-border financings.
John was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine, and was also named to Business North Carolinamagazine’s “Legal Elite” in tax. He is a member of the Tax Section of the New York Bar Association, the International Fiscal Association (treasurer, Carolinas Chapter) and CREFC REMIC Task Force. John received his J.D. from Seton Hall University in 1987 and his LL.M. in taxation from New York University in 1990. He received his B.A. in 1984 from the University of Delaware. He is admitted to practice in North Carolina, New York and New Jersey.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.alston.com/professionals/john-baron/
- One South at the Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
- New York University, LL.M Taxation, graduated 1990
- Seton Hall University, J.D., graduated 1987
- University of Delaware, BA, graduated 1984
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
227 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
100 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- International Trade and Finance Law, Charlotte (2021)
- International Trade and Finance Law, Charlotte (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- International Trade and Finance Law
- Tax Law
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Corporate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.