Recognized since 2010
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Mr. North focuses his practice in litigation, with an emphasis on trial practice. He has tried jury and non-jury cases in state and federal courts, including over 75 jury cases to verdict. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney.
A significant portion of Mr. North’s practice is devoted to the defense of catastrophic injury and other high exposure cases in the areas of negligence, public entity liability and professional liability, including the defense of attorneys, accountants and insurance brokers.
Mr. North’s practice also concentrates in the representation of commercial and residential real estate developers in connection with design and construction defect litigation, as well as the defense of claims brought under New Jersey's Planned Real Estate Full Disclosure Act and Consumer Fraud Act.
Additionally, he has represented major banks and financial institutions in connection with lender liability claims and matters involving negotiable instruments and financial fraud.
Mr. North is the author of the evidence treatise A Trial Lawyer’s Strategic Guide to the New Jersey Rules of Evidence, and is the only New Jersey lawyer selected as a principal author of Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, contributing the chapter in the treatise devoted to Medical Malpractice. He contributed the chapter on statutory disclosure requirements in Winning Legal Strategies for Construction Law. He has lectured throughout the state on evidence and trial practice.
Contact & Links
- Metro Corporate Campus One
99 Wood Avenue South
P.O. Box 5600
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
- University of Maryland, J.D. with honors, graduated 1977
- Lehigh University, BA with high honors, graduated 1971
- New Jersey, NJ - 1977
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey - Member
- American Association for Justice - Associate Member
- American Bar Association - Member, Litigation Section
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum - Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials - Past member
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey - Past President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Woodbridge (2022)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Woodbridge (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.