John Fanburg has more than 30 years of experience in health and hospital law, with an emphasis on corporate, transactions and regulatory matters for physicians and health care institutions. His broad experience representing major hospitals, diverse medical groups and statewide physician specialty organizations provides him with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the practice and business of healthcare. He assists health care providers to position themselves to deal with the constantly evolving medical marketplace, particularly health care reform. This includes advising clients about mergers and acquisitions, other business ventures and different health care business arrangements. John provides counsel on strategic alliances and transactions relating to ACOs and medical homes. He also offers guidance on regulatory compliance, corporate compliance, HIPAA, litigation and government investigations.
His experience includes:
- Establishing outpatient health care offices, diagnostic imaging facilities and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Overseeing the establishment and purchase/sale of physician practices, hospitals and nursing homes.
- Representation of clients in managed care contract negotiations.
- The development of Medicare and Medicaid corporate compliance programs for physician practitioners.
- Structuring nonprofit health care providers.
- Development of managed care networks.
- Handling fraud and abuse counseling and representation, licensing issues and third-party payment issues.
- Representation of physician specialty organizations and advantageously using federal reimbursement policies and appeals.
- Representation of dental practices, and developing and negotiating dental practice employment agreements.