Recognized since 2011
Litigation - Intellectual Property
John Denkenberger is a co-managing member of COJK, serves on the firm’s executive committee, and is head of its litigation practice group. John has successfully litigated patent, trademark, trade secret, and unfair business competition issues in federal and state courts. He has also successfully litigated AIA post-grant challenges, including inter partes review, before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. In addition to his litigation practice, John also advises clients on foreign and domestic patent and trademark procurement, technology licensing, and litigation strategies in a variety of technology areas, including mechanical, electromechanical, acoustics, and software. Prior to becoming an attorney, John worked for 10 years as a research and design engineer in the aerospace and aircraft industry.
In addition to his inclusion in the list of The Best Lawyers in America, John is named in Intellectual Asset Management’s Patent 1000 — The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, ranked in Chambers USA, recognized in Managing Intellectual Property magazine’s IP Stars, and has been named a Super Lawyer over the past decade.
Contact & Links
- 1201 Third Avenue, Suite 3600
Seattle, WA 98101
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, graduated 1986
- Seattle University , J.D., cum laude, graduated 1995
- Washington, Washington State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Asian Bar Association of Washington - Member
- King County Bar Association - Member
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Bar Association - Member
- Washington State Patent Law Association - Member
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Chambers USA (2013-2020)
- Intellectual Asset Management, Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners (2012-2020)
- Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars (2018-2020)
- Super Lawyers, Washington (2003, 2005-2010)
Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc. et al. v. Alltrade Tools LLCU.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Representing plaintiffs Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc. and Shinn Fu Corporation to enforce patent rights and to obtain declaratory judgments concerning defendant’s intellectual property.
Northwestern University v. King CountyU.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Representing defendant against allegations of unfair and deceptive trade practices and trademark infringement under federal, state, and common law.
Data Management Association International v. Enterprise Warehousing Solutions, Inc.U.S. District Court in Chicago
Representing plaintiff in matter alleging trademark infringement and unfair business competition.
MercAsia USA, Ltd. v. Jianqing “Johnny” Zhu and 3BTech, Inc.U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
Representing MercAsia USA, Ltd. in enforcing patent rights and to obtain preliminary injunction related to consumer products.
Bombardier Inc. v. Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation et alU.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Represented plaintiff Bombardier, Inc. in a complaint alleging among other claims, trade secret misappropriation under federal and state law.
wedi Corp. v. Wright et al.U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Represented defendant Hydro-Blok USA LLC, et al. against complaint of various causes of action, including unjust enrichment based on misappropriation of trade secrets.
Hydro-Blok USA LLC, et al. v. wedi Corp.U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Represented Hydro-Blok USA LLC, et al. in patent infringement matter related to prefabricated shower systems.
wedi Corp. v. Seattle Glass Block, Inc.U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Represented defendant Seattle Glass Block, Inc. against a complaint for various causes of action, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
The Tire Hanger Corporation v. Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc., et alU.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Represented defendants Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc. and Shinn Fu Corporation against complaint for allegations of patent infringement.
3BTech, Inc. v. Jingle Master International Ltd. (IPR2018-00663)Patent Trial and Appeal Board
Represented patent owner Jingle Master International Ltd. in an inter partes review proceeding for a certain claim of US Patent No. 7,882,986 related to liquid dispensing devices.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.