John C. Lemmo provides general and focused counseling to charter schools, school districts, water districts and municipalities regarding governance, operational and business matters. John’s practice focuses on public agencies, private developers and landowners in matters involving environmental and land use regulation, and litigation. He has extensive experience working with, and on behalf of, local and state governmental and regulatory agencies on permitting, entitlement, compliance and environmental enforcement matters.
- Provides counseling and litigation defense for charter schools, school districts, water districts and other local agencies.
- Served as legal counsel in connection with large, controversial public projects; residential, commercial and industrial approvals; and litigation with respect to CEQA and NEPA issues.
- Serves as special counsel to city council for administrative appeals.
- Provided counseling and litigation defense related to sewer service allocation, and other rate-payer disputes.
- Provided counseling and litigation defense related to taxpayer challenge to general obligation bond issuance and program.
- Provides counseling and litigation defense in connection with the formation and operation of charter schools.
- Represented board member in special district election dispute.
- Provided cost recovery and enforcement defense representation involving LUSTs and other hazardous waste-related cleanups, as well as counseling and negotiation for brownfields representation.
- Represented agencies and property owners in direct and inverse condemnation eminent domain litigation.
- Provides counseling and litigation defense in connection with coastal development permits (Coastal Act).