Joel R. Hlavaty
Recognized in:Employment Law - ManagementLabor Law - Management...
Law School:The University of Akron
Location:200 Public Square, Suite 3000Cleveland, OH 44114
Joel focuses his practice on the representation of management in all phases of labor relations and employment litigation. He routinely advises employers on all aspects of their relationships with employees, as well as with respect to matters concerning litigation prevention and human resources management, and he regularly defends them in federal and state courts of all jurisdictions on claims arising under the various federal and state labor and employment laws. Joel additionally represents employers with respect to complaints and charges filed with the EEOC and OCRC, NLRB, and SERB, and with OSHA and the DOL, as well as with health care and ERISA issues and complaints, and collective bargaining issues and strike disputes. Joel is also a frequent presenter at seminars and management training programs on a wide variety of topics.
- The University of Akron, J.D., graduated 1983
- John Carroll University, BA, graduated 1977
- United States, Supreme Court the U.S.
- Ohio, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio and Eastern District of Michigan
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section - Member
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment and Civil Rights Sections - Member
- Former Cuyahoga Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section - Chair
- ALFA International, Eastern Great Lakes Regional Practice Group - Chair
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list (2010-2019)
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Employment Law-Management; Labor Law-Management; and Litigation-Labor and Employment (2010-2018)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated—Martindale-Hubbell