Recognized since 2008
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
A highly skilled civil, criminal, and appellate litigator, Joel Bertocchi handles appeals in state and federal courts and represents clients in connection with criminal and regulatory investigations and proceedings, providing counsel on compliance policies and related issues. He has argued cases in the U.S. Supreme Court and multiple federal Circuits and state appellate courts, and served as Illinois’ Solicitor General, the chief appellate lawyer for the State. A former federal prosecutor, he conducts internal investigations in all areas, including corporate governance and employee misconduct, and represents defendants and witnesses in criminal investigations and prosecutions.
Joel also strategically advises clients on the application of complex statutes and regulatory issues, including private and public corruption statutes, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), and fraud.
- Direct Phone Number: 312-704-3000
- Phone Number: 312-704-3000
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/joel-bertocchi.html
- 71 South Wacker Drive, 47th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, graduated 1979
- Appellate Practice, Chicago (2013)
- Appellate Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Criminal Appeals
- Supreme Court
- Commercial Litigation
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Media Law
- Sports Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.