Recognized since 2006
As one of our founders, Joe was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1994 and a Fellow of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta in 1995. He offers tax advice on a wide variety of matters, including resource tax, mergers and acquisitions and dispute resolution.
An impactful leader, Joe guides our lawyers with active mentorship and mindful team building.
Joe gives back to the community in a myriad of ways, both in an academic and volunteer capacity. He has taught at the University of Alberta, University of Calgary and CPA Canada, while also serving on a variety of boards.
Joe has been part of the instructional team for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada’s In-depth Oil and Gas Taxation and Mergers and Acquisition programs.
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1994
- Founding member of Felesky Flynn LLP, 1978
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Alberta, 1977
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant, 1975
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm), University of Alberta, 1972
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Past Member, Joint Committee of Canadian Bar Association and Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada on Taxation
- Board of Governors, University of Calgary (Member 2014-2018)
- Discipline and Appeal Tribunal, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (Member 2007-present)
- Board of Trustees, Calgary Health Trust (Chair 2002-2005)
- Carewest Development Council of the Calgary Health Trust (Chair 1999-2003)
- Leadership Gifts Committee, University of Calgary Faculty of Management (Member 1998-2000)
- Calgary Regional Health Authority (Member 1994-1999)
- Management Advisory Council, University of Calgary (Chair 1993-1996)
- United Way of Calgary and Area (Chair 1994-1995)
- Calgary Auxiliary Hospital and Nursing Home District No. 7 (“Carewest”) (Chair 1990 and 1991)
- Development Committee, Faculty of Law, University of Calgary (Member 1989-1990)
- Canadian Sea Spray Catamaran Association (Commodore 1988-1990)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.